Tower Beach Club Event Venue
4300 sq. ft. Indoor/Outdoor Event Space plus adjacent 10,000 sq. ft. lawn
Waterfront | $10M View | Beach Vibe | Easy Water Activity Add-ons
Opened in 2019 and remodeled with a designer's eye, the Tower Beach Club is a unique 4,300 square foot indoor/outdoor event space with stunning panoramic views of San Diego's Mission Bay beachfront. With views of La Jolla to the North, the setting sun over Mission Beach to the West, and the boating and water activity of Sail Bay to the East, the view is unrivaled.
With its open-air bar and massive beachfront patio, the space is a quintessential high-end beach club without the high-end price tag. Guests are welcome to bring their own booze, food, and catering in order to cut costs.
The club can be rented as a whole, solely interior, or solely the outside deck, making it just as adept at hosting a 30-50 person corporate off-site meeting as it is hosting a 200 person wedding or party. With the adjacent 10,000 square beachfront lawn, the beach itself, and the expansive Mission Bay, we've hosted corporate picnics for over 1,000 people.
The Tower Beach Club is unlike any event venue in San Diego. What really brings the event experience to another level is that any event can easily add-on water sports activities thru our partnership with Mission Bay Sports Center. Want jet skis available for your guests? How about a couple ski boats ready with drivers? Or a couple dozen Tower paddle boards ready on the beach? Catamarans? How about 20-30 Tower Electric Bikes out front for your guests to do a quick tour of the Mission Beach surrounding area? All of this is possible and available upon request.
2,500 square foot wrap around deck with 100' of beach frontage.
Lights, heat lamps and table accessories available to help transform you environment.
1800 square feet of artfully designed interior space. Open space with two mobile bars / banquet tables.
A series of panoramic doors that blend the interior and exterior into one 4300 square foot space.
Iconic, center of space 'Marlin Bar'
Patio comes equipped with a BBQ, and water sports can easily be added to any event.
4300 square feet of flowing indoor / outdoor space with a unique waterfront beach club vibe.
10,000 plus square foot adjacent lawn.
Our standard price is for a full-day, full-venue buyout rate, which is defined as any consecutive 8 hour period between 8 am and midnight (no noise on the deck after 10 pm). This includes on-site event management services, and everything detailed below. Note you can do your own food and bar, or pick your own caterer. Our standard prices vary by day as follows:
- Saturdays - $6000
- Fridays - $5000
- Sundays - $4000
- Wednesday or Thursday - $3000
- Monday or Tuesday - $2000
There is a 20% discount off these rates for either a partial venue or a half-day rental. It's either-or, so you can get the whole space for just half a day at a 20% discount, or you can get part of the space for a whole day at a 20% discount. There is no discount beyond 20%, even if you only want part of the venue for half a day, 20% is the cap. Keep in mind if you only book part of the venue, the other part might have another event going on at the same time.
Full-day, full-venue reservations are open for up to 18 months in advance. Partial venue or half-day rentals are only available for 4 months out max.
When you rent the Tower Beach Club venue, you can bring your own food and beverage, select your own caterers, or have our included onsite event coordinator set-up everything for you. Your choice. We don't force you to buy food and beverages through us at jacked-up rates. No $1000 table service bottles here!
Here's what comes with every full venue booking:
- Top of the line audio and visual equipment
- Use of the BBQ and two gas fire tables
- Center of venue indoor+outdoor open air bar
- Outside Hot Tub with views of Mission Bay
- Pre event check in with client
- Help identifying and planning any rental services you will need to get
- Stylish 2500 square foot waterfront deck with two VIP lounge areas
- Modern 1800 square foot indoor space
- 30 minute event consultation with an experienced event coordinator
- Referrals to vendors
- Onsite venue management of facility for the day of the event, start to finish. Note this is NOT an "event coordinator", "wedding coordinator", or "day of coordinator" for your event. You will be required to provide your own, or our onsite partners can do that for you, but that's an extra service. This is just someone there to keep an eye on our venue, help coordinate your vendor set-up, and let you and your vendors know where stuff is.
Required Extras (Event dependent)
- Mandatory $150 post event cleaning fee for all events
- For events over 75 people, we recommend you rent a luxury restroom trailer. If you prefer to deal with our "beach bathrooms" you can sign a waiver to opt out of this recommendation. Unfortunately, the on-premise restrooms are more like beach bathrooms, not upscale event bathrooms.
Available for an additional charge
- Water activity coordination (Boats, jet skis, SUP's, Kayak, etc right next door)
- Day of event coordination services (i.e. wedding planner or event coordinator)
- Water taxis (to add to the uniqueness of our waterfront venue and to make a truly unforgettable entrance, many events opt to have their guests arrive by boats, which we can arrange for you)
- Permitting (if you want to use the lawn)
- Tables & chairs or other rental coordination
- Food & beverage coordination
- Team building and games
- Complete event planning services
Special Note on Parking
The Tower Beach Club is located on what is basically an island in Mission Bay. There is an immediately adjacent parking lot for 100 cars and additional parking on the other side of the island/peninsula for another 200 cars.
There is no way to reserve or guarantee parking for your event guests, so plan accordingly. Often times, the day and time of your event means parking won't be an issue at all. Sometimes, you've got to plan around it and either instruct your guest to all Uber in and out or provide park and ride transportation from elsewhere. It's very doable anytime, you just have to plan accordingly. We've hosted events for 1,400 people without an issue. We have a dock conveniently located on premise, so even if it's the busiest summer day of the year, your guests can arrive by water taxis that we can arrange. We encourage this as it absolutely adds to the ambiance of your event at the Tower Beach Club - where else can you do that and make your event truly stand out!
Suitable Types of Events
- Corporate picnics
- Corporate meetings & seminars
- Wellness, yoga & self improvement
- Film location & photo shoots
- Fund raising events
- Baby & bridal showers
People book the Tower Beach Club up to a year in advance at times and availability is limited. For the sake of everyone involved in trying to secure a future event date, it's critical we don't have a full calendar with a bunch of last minute cancellations. As such, upon booking there is a 50% deposit to reserve the space and date. Full venue booking reservations are available up to 18 months in advance. Partial venue booking reservations are available up to 4 months in advance.
If you cancel more than 60 days prior to the event date, you will get half your deposit back. If you cancel within 30-60 days prior to the event, you lose your entire deposit. If you cancel the event within 30 days prior to the event date, you will lose your entire deposit plus be responsible for full payment of all event costs.
We will consider event date change of requests with 90 days notice. No guarantees we can find another date, but we'll see if another suitable date is open and works for you. Within 90 days of the event, date change requests are unavailable.
We're on the water in Mission Bay on the tip of the peninsula located at the end of Santa Clara Place. Our address is 1010 Santa Clara Place, San Diego, CA 92109.
Tower Beach Club Buy-Out - $6,000
(Full, unrestricted access)
Venue Segments for Partial Bookings
Tower Beach Club Deck Only
(no inside access, even bar area)
Tower Beach Club East
(Lawn entrance access only, different event may occur simultaneously in bar area)
Tower Beach Club Bar Only
(Different event may occur simultaneously in Tower East area)
Tower Beach Club