Tower Beach Club Event Venue
4300 sq. ft. Indoor/Outdoor Event Space plus adjacent 10,000 sq. ft. lawn
Waterfront | $10M View | Beach Vibe | Easy Water Activity Add-ons
Opened in 2019 and remodeled with a designer's eye, the Tower Beach Club is a unique 4300 square foot indoor/outdoor event space with a stunning panoramic waterfront view directly on San Diego's prime Mission Bay beachfront. With a view of the lush hills of La Jolla to the North, the setting sun over Mission Beach to the West, and the boats and water activity of Sail Bay wrapping around to the East, the view is unrivaled.
With it's open-air bar and massive beachfront patio, it's a quintessential high-end beach club where even the fanciest black tie events will feel right at home... without the black tie price tag... as you can bring your own booze and food, or have it all done for you. Because it's a sub-dividable beach club and deck venue, it's just as adept at hosting a 30-50 person corporate off-site meeting as it is hosting a 200 person wedding or party. With the adjacent 10,000 square beach front lawn, the beach, and the expansive Mission Bay, we've hosted corporate picnics for over 1000 people.
The Tower Beach Club is unlike any event venue in San Diego. What really brings the event experience to another level is that any event can easily add-on water sports activities thru our partnership with Mission Bay Sports Center. Want a 10-pack of jet skis available for your guests? How about a couple ski boats ready with drivers? Or a couple dozen Tower paddle boards ready on the beach? Catamarans? How about 20-30 Tower Electric Bikes out front for your guests to do a quick tour of the surrounding area? How about we set up a paddle board relay race that pretty much anyone can participate in? Easy. Easy. And easy.
Watersports activities can easily be added to any event
1800 square feet of artfully designed interior space
Open space with two mobile bars / banquet tables
A series of panoramic doors that blend the interior and exterior into one 4300 square foot space
Iconic, center of space 'Marlin Bar'
2500 square foot wrap around deck with 100' of beach frontage
4300 square feet of flowing indoor / outdoor space with a unique waterfront beach club vibe
10,000 plus square foot adjacent lawn
Our standard price is for a full-day, full-venue buyout rate, which is defined as any consecutive 8 hour period between 8 am and midnight (no noise on the deck after 10 pm). This includes on-site event management services, and everything detailed below. Note you can do your own food and bar, or pick your own caterer. Our standard prices vary by day as follows:
- Saturdays - $6000
- Fridays - $5000
- Sundays - $4000
- Wednesday or Thursday - $3000
- Monday or Tuesday - $2000
There is a 20% discount off these rates for either a partial venue or a half day rental. It's either-or, so you can get the whole space for just half a day at a 20% discount, or you can get part of the space for a whole day at a 20% discount. There is no discount beyond 20%, even if you only want part of the venue for half a day. A single 20% discount is the cap. For example, a half Monday event would cost you $1600. A partial venue Saturday would cost you $4800. Keep in mind if you only book part of the venue, the other part might have another event going on at the same time.
Full-day, full-venue reservations are open 18 months in advance. Partial venue or half day rentals are only available 4 months out.
When you rent the Tower Beach Club venue, you can do your own food and beverage, select your own caterers, or have our included onsite event coordinator set-up everything for you. Your choice. We don't force you to buy food and beverages thru us at jacked up rates. No $1000 table service bottles here!
Do as much or as little as you like yourselves. Every booking includes some basic services of our onsite event management partner. They can do it all for you, or just serve as an onsite liaison for your own event coordinator.
Here's what comes with every full venue booking:
- Stylish 2500 square foot waterfront deck with two VIP lounge areas
- Modern 1800 square foot indoor space
- Center of venue indoor/outdoor open air bar
- Basic audio visual equipment use
- Use of the BBQ and two gas fire tables
- 30 minute event consultation with an experienced event coordinator
- Pre event check in with client
- Help identifying and planning any rental services you will need to get
- Referrals to vendors
- Onsite venue management of facility for the day of event, start to finish. Note this is NOT an "event coordinator", "wedding coordinator", or "day of coordinator" for your event. You will be required to provide your own, or our onsite partners can do that for you, but that's an extra service. This is just someone there to keep an eye on our venue, help coordinate your vendor set-up, and let you and your vendors know where stuff is.
Required Extras (Event dependent)
- Mandatory $150 post event cleaning fee for all events
- For events over 75 people, we recommend you rent a luxury restroom trailer. If you prefer to deal with our "beach bathrooms" you can sign a waiver to opt out of this recommendation. There is good and bad news when having your wedding on what is basically an island in Mission Bay. The view and vibe are unparalleled. It's like being on a tropical island right here in San Diego. Your guests can arrive by boat if you like. Or we can have a dozen jet skis or catamarans on the beach for your guests to use. Unfortunately, the on-premise restrooms are more like beach bathrooms, not upscale event bathrooms.
Available for an additional charge
- Day of event coordination services (i.e. wedding planner or event coordinator)
- Water taxis (to add to the uniqueness of our waterfront venue and to make a truly unforgettable entrance, many events opt to have their guests arrive by boats, which we can arrange for you)
- Permitting (if you want to use the lawn)
- Tables & chairs or other rental coordination
- Food & beverage coordination
- Team building and games
- Water activity coordination (Boats, jet skis, SUP, Kayak, etc right next door)
- Complete event planning services
- Vendor coordination
Special Note on Parking
The Tower Beach Club is on the beachfront of what is basically an island in Mission Bay. There is an immediately adjacent parking lot for 100 cars and across on the other side of the island/peninsula there is parking for another 200 cars. This is San Diego Park and Rec all day public parking for people visiting the beach and bay, and thus on busy weekends and in the summer it's hard to find a single spot at times, much less spots for your 100 guests. In the evenings, mid-week all day, and daily in the off-summer season, the lot can be nearly empty.
There is no way to reserve or guarantee parking for your event guests, so plan accordingly. Often times, the day and time of your event means parking won't be an issue at all. Sometimes, you've got to plan around it and either instruct your guest to all Uber in and out, or provide park and ride transportation from elsewhere. It's very doable anytime, you just have to plan accordingly. We've hosted events for 1400 people without issue. We've got a dock, so even if it's the busiest summer day of the year, your guests can arrive by water taxis that we can arrange. We encourage this as it absolutely adds to the ambiance of your event at the Tower Beach Club - where else can you do that and make your event truly stand out!
Suitable Types of Events
- Corporate picnics
- Corporate meetings & seminars
- Wellness, yoga & self improvement
- Film location & photo shoots
- Fund raising events
- Baby & bridal showers
People book the Tower Beach Club up to a year in advance at times and availability is limited. For the sake of everyone involved in trying to secure a future event date, it's critical we don't have a full calendar with a bunch of last minute cancellations. As such, upon booking there is a 50% deposit to reserve the space and date. Full venue booking reservations are available up to 18 months in advance. Partial venue booking reservations are available up to 4 months in advance.
If you cancel more than 60 days prior to the event date, you will get half your deposit back. If you cancel within 30-60 days prior to the event, you lose your entire deposit. If you cancel the event within 30 days prior to the event date, you will lose your entire deposit plus be responsible for full payment of all event costs.
We will consider event date change of requests with 90 days notice. No guarantees we can find another date, but we'll see if another suitable date is open and works for you. Within 90 days of the event, date change requests are unavailable.
We're on the water in Mission Bay on the tip of the peninsula at the end of Santa Clara Place. Our address is 1010 Santa Clara Place, San Diego, CA 92109.
Venue Segments for Partial Bookings
Tower Beach Club Buy-Out - $7000
(Full, unrestricted access)
Tower Beach Club Deck Only - $5950
(no inside access, even bar area)
Tower Beach Club East - $5950
(Lawn entrance access only, different event may occur simultaneously in bar area)
Tower Beach Club Bar Only - $5950
(Different event may occur simultaneously in Tower East area)
Tower Beach Club